Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Reunion!

I went to Memphis over the weekend and had a reunion with some of my college friends! It was so much fun. We ate sushi and shopped, then stayed up late (okay, it was midnight, but that is late for us!)and talked.

We had such a great time, and I can't even express here how thankful I am to have friends like them. Even if it's been a month or a year or whatever since we've been together, it's as if no time as passed.

So after a very fun weekend, I am back home, trying to get ready for ACFW conference! I can't believe a week from today I will be on my way to Texas! I'm working on my pitch right now. This is the most daunting task I think I've ever faced.

I am not a good "speaker" when I get nervous. And I know I will be nervous. I am one of those introverts who hated being called on in class, even though I knew the answer. I just don't like to talk in front of people. UNLESS it is a large group and I am "performing". I can be in plays or musicals with no problem. I spoke in chapel at FHU 3 times--that's in front of about 2000 people, and was hardly nervous. I can stand in front of large tour groups and give a Civil War tour. But put me in front of one or two people and I'm a wreck.

Hopefully I will find a way to put myself at ease when I pitch. If anyone has any tips...please share! :)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails