Monday, June 25, 2007

Summertime and the Livin' is Easy




I love summer! At least I love the summer that lives in my memories....the one that included endless days of climbing trees, looking for four-leaf clovers, and eating cold watermelon.

Do kids even do those things anymore? Not being a parent, I'm not really sure. A couple weeks ago we were in Chattanooga and I was running around Tim's sister's backyard chasing fireflies (we don't have those in Mobile and I just couldn't help myself).

It made me wonder if all the things that made summer "summer" to me are obsolete today. (and laugh at myself for acting like a little kid)

I admit that I'm a bit of a weirdo. My favorite holiday is the 4th of July. I love the heat, the fireworks, the patriotic songs and parades. Picnics, water skiing, camping, and fishing are my favorite things.

So here's to a great summer, filled with cold watermelon, fireflies, and four-leaf clovers!




No comments:

Powered By Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails