Monday, July 2, 2007

I Resigned!

Well, life is certainly crazy, isn't it?

I turned in my resignation last week, effective July 31st! I have made the decision to move....back home! To Arkansas... With my mom.... And we haven't lived under the same roof since high school...

Okay, so that will really only be temporary, but still it's kind of funny. Talk about life imitating art. One of my current WIPs is about a 30-something girl who moves back to her small town and lives with her mom for a short time. And here I go, doing the same thing! (although I hope I don't find any dead bodies, as she is prone to do!)

And while I don't really know what I'm getting myself into, moving back to a place without a red light or a Wal-Mart, I feel like I've made a good decision.

Really I go back and forth between being happy, sad, and overwhelmed.

Happy because I have been hours away from my family for so many years. I won't know what to do with myself when I don't have to rush around and see everyone in one weekend then hurry to the airport. I'm looking forward to spending time with all of them, especially my grandparents.

Sad because I like my job, and living this close to the beach has been such fun. It's been nice living in a vacation spot. I can hop in the car, and 45 minutes later, I'm on the beach in Gulf Shores. And the winters are nice too--I haven't really worn a heavy coat in 3 years!

But most of all, right now I'm a little overwhelmed. The whole packing thing has never been my talent. Where did I get so much stuff!!?? And the thought of unemployment, even for a short time, leaves my insides knotted.

Enough of that for now though. I'm sure I'll have a lot more to say as I make the transition!

And let me say thanks to Christine Lynxwiler for giving me a "Rockin' Girl Blogger" award! Right back at you!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails