Thursday, February 4, 2010

Roller Coaster

No wonder I always feel like I'm on a roller coaster! I just found out that Love Roller Coaster was the #1 song when I was born. So it's the song of the day. :)

Last year in honor of my birthday, I made a list of 33 things about me that most people don't know. This year, I'm going to stick to 10.

Here are 10 more things that make me "me"...

1. I'm left handed. I think this helps with the creativity. It doesn't help in handwriting, peeling potatoes or using scissors.

2. I have an aversion to feet. Except for cute baby feet.

3. If I could only eat one meal forever, it would be chicken fingers with honey mustard sauce.

4. Someday I want to take a road trip across America. Just some good music and the open road--sounds about perfect.

5. I'm still sometimes surprised when I see my name on the cover of a book. Seems like a dream.

6. I have a really good memory. As in, there is a chance I could tell you what happened on a given day in a given year--what I wore, where I went, who was there, etc. It drives my friends crazy. I can also still remember my high school cheerleading routines and every Makin' Music performance I was ever in from college.

7. I still believe the best is yet to come.

8. I know this will make me sound old fashioned--but sometimes I miss the way things used to be. Simpler. Slower. Technology and innovation are both good things, but I miss Mayberry.

9. That being said, I still love my DVR.

10. Last one! Hmm. Okay. If I could, I would stay up all night and sleep all day.

If you were reading this blog last year, you know that I dreaded turning 33. Well, I have to say that I actually had a wonderful year. My first 2 books releasing, several fun trips and a gigantic leap of faith when I stopped working full time to write. 33 ended up being the best yet. I'm hopeful that 34 will be even better!

3 comments:

Aaron McCarver said...

Hey,
I know I am commenting way late, but I have been buried in edits. Loved this blog as many of the same things make me "me." I am right-handed, so 1 doesn't work. However, 2 is spot on. I get teased
about this one a lot. I agree with 3 if I can add chocolate gravy and biscuits. I would love 4. I have been blessed to visit 40 states, but too much family was along at times. Would have liked it slower to see more historical sites. Definitely agree with 5! Friends treat me the same about 6! Except age is hitting (44) and names are leaving my brain very quickly. I still remember lines from characters I played in college in plays. Believe 7, most of the time, and 8, all of the time. I don't have a DVR yet, but I would miss some of my creature comforts. And I agree with 10, which I do more than I should as a teacher. Great post and oh yeah, have a Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Annalisa Daughety said...

Hi, Aaron! Glad to hear I'm not the only one...on many counts! And if you're going to add chocolate gravy/biscuts, I'm going to add barbeque and Dr. Pepper. :) Hope you're doing well! I'm hopeful that at some point, you'll get to edit one of my books! Chris always has wonderful things to say about your editing. :) Happy Valentine's Day to you as well!

prashant said...

! Love your videos and can't wait for your next books!
home jobs india

Powered By Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails