Saturday, July 4, 2009

Holiday! Celebrate!

Did you like that little shout out to Madonna circa 1983?

Okay, so those who know me know that the the 4th of July is my FAVORITE holiday. Hands down. What, you ask? Not Christmas? How about Thanksgiving?

Before you start thinking that I'm some kind of unthankful Grinchy person, let me assure you that I enjoy those holidays. But they just aren't my favorite.

So the 4th--celebrating our Independence. That's big. I think many of us forget just how blessed we are. How many men have fought and died to protect our freedoms. So I think this is an important day for remembering.

And on a different note, I think this is just a happy day. There isn't the stress that seems to come with Christmas or Thanksgiving. Just happiness. Lots of cooking out and laughing. Swimming and lazy afternoons. It's perfection, really. Then fireworks later, which still have a way of making me feel like a little kid.

So there you have it. My essay on "Why I love the 4th of July". :)

The song of the day...a little Bruce. Born in the USA.

Enjoy the holiday!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails