Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It Seems Like Everyone's Got A Plan....

It's kind of like Nashville, with a Tan....

Okay, I know that was a little random. But it was one of my favorite songs (Lullaby by Shawn Mullins) back when I lived in Nashville, and I heard it on Monday while I was driving to Nashville, and now I'm sitting here in Nashville...you get the picture...

So I'm in my very favorite coffee shop in the whole wide world (and I have traveled all over the world, and have a love affair with coffee, so that is saying a lot!) trying to get some work done on my book.

The coffee shop is called Fido (it used to be a pet store...), and it's in Hillsboro Village in Nashville, near downtown. I used to live in Hillsboro Village and was a frequent (almost nightly) visitor to Fido. Hillsboro Village is the "cool, trendy, hip" area of Nashville, and when I lived here, I felt very cool, trendy, and hip. In fact, just sitting here ingesting a large Mocha, I think I may have recaptured some of the cool, trendy, hipness of my early-twenties. Back in the day when I was just out of college and still wearing rose colored glasses.

Now I'm plagued by the cynicism that comes with being single and in my early (very early, thank you very much) thirties. Or as my friend Katherine says, my "Twirties". Which means Thirties but haven't let go of the cool, trendy, hip Twenties. :)

I'm here in Nashville for a week, visiting college friends and remembering what a social life is. I've dropped out of life for the past 4 months, but this little trip has let me know that I'm back from the abyss and ready to live again.

Which if you know what all I've been through these past months, should have you cheering for me. And if you don't know, well maybe I've just added an air of mystery to myself that will make you want to keep reading my blog. Ha! That reminds me of a great quote from a movie that I saw not too long ago...."No one is as mysterious as they think they are...."

And now, I will get back to writing my book, as I wait for my friend who is meeting me for lunch....he's a musician. After all, I am in Nashville!

2 comments:

Rachel Hauck said...

Ooo, I love Nashville. I was there two weeks ago. :) Have fun and Annalisa, God has good things in store for you!

Love, Rachel

Christine Lynxwiler said...

Oh shoot. Rachel beat me. :) I actually checked your blog five minutes or so after you posted this entry. But I was running late for something and didn't have time to comment. Great blog! And Rachel's right! God does have wonderful things in store for you. Can't wait to see them unfold. ~ Love, Chris

Powered By Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails