Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ahh, Fall

Fall colors in Charm, Ohio
My mind is going in a million different directions these days. I'm still processing my grandpa's death. Working full time at the office. Jotting down ideas for future books and trying to finish a proposal. Trying to come up with creative ways to promote and market my October release. Getting ready to go to Indianapolis next week for a writing conference. Those are just a few of the things I have going on right now!

In the meantime, I thought I'd post a few of the things about the impending arrival of Fall that I'm excited about--even though I'm a self-proclaimed Summer Girl, I do love the Fall! Here's a short list:

1. Football season! Oh, how I love football. Particularly SEC football. The rivalries. The fans. The coaches I love to hate. (Nick Saban & Les Miles...) I'm hopeful the Razorbacks will do well this year. And yes, I will miss Tim Tebow every Saturday. :)

2. Mums for my porch and patio. These signify fall to me.

3. Fall scented candles. I went to Bath and Body Works yesterday and went a little crazy! Autumn Apple is my favorite. I also got Creamy Pumpkin and just plain old Autumn. My house smells awesome!

4. Driving with the windows down. Although you can do this any time of year, there is a small time span in the fall and in the spring that is just perfect.

5. Fall inspired coffees at Starbucks. Enough said.

How about you? What are your favorite things about fall? Any fun traditions? I've always wanted to go to a corn maze. Maybe this will be the year for that!

3 comments:

Mandy Scherer said...

100% driving with windows down - I have had my sunroof open every day for the past week! Also, that smell in the air as the season changes..and the possibility of wearing boots soon! :)

Annalisa Daughety said...

I went to Macy's on Monday and found myself looking at cute fall dresses and wondering how soon I could pull out my tall boots...

Kristen said...

Oh, definitely mums (and pumpkins) on my porch, my pumpkin pie candles, and pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks! And although we're not huge football fans, it still is fun to watch a game here and there...and it definitely makes it feel like fall. =)

Powered By Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails