Okay, it's actually past midnight, but who's counting? These days, time seems to mean nothing to me--I'm finishing Love is Grand and am as likely to be writing at 3 a.m. as I am at 3 p.m. When I get it turned in, I plan on sleeping non-stop for a few days. And watching the 4 new episodes of Grey's Anatomy I have saved on my DVR. (yay!)
So this is going to be a jumble of things I've been thinking lately. Perhaps if I get them out of my head, I'll be able to better write my book!
1. The Bachelor finale: Oh, Jake--I had such high hopes for you. But you let me down. Honestly, you disappointed me in the very beginning, like on the very first night when you sent home most of the girls who actually seemed to have brains. But I digress. Best wishes to you and Vienna. I give it 6 months.
2. Along those same lines: The Bachelor: Jason and Molly's Wedding...Seriously? That much money for a wedding and there isn't a rain plan? Come on. As an event planner, I am totally offended. You can't convince me that there wasn't a canopy available or at least someone could've held one of those handy clear umbrellas (were those sponsored by Macys too?) over poor Molly's head. Designer dress. Ken Paves himself did her hair. And ABC made her stand out there in the pouring rain. Whatever. Overall, they seemed happy though, so that was nice. And wasn't it great to once again get to hear the phrase "star-gazing amazing" in reference to Molly's eyes...ha!
3. Not to stay on this reality kick, but Dancing With the Stars...I'm loving the lineup! Kate! Evan! Brenda Walsh! Need I say more? I'm calling Evan for the win though. You read it here first.
4. Zumba. Okay. I took my first Zumba class on Sunday afternoon. Except that the main teacher wasn't there so it ended up being a hybrid zumba/belly dancing/hip hop. This was a most hilarious experience. Although I did learn the whole routine to Michael Jackson's Beat It, which has been a secret lifelong dream of mine... Monday I tried again--wanting to experience a "real" Zumba class. Nope. This time the teacher came to class and apologized for not having any choreography for us. We free styled. You know the African Anteater Ritual from Can't Buy Me Love? It was something like that. (By the way, I love that movie...a pre-McDreamy Patrick Dempsey as nerdy Ronald Miller. Sigh.) And today when I woke up, I could barely walk, so maybe it was a good workout after all...
5. In writing news...Love is a Battlefield is now available on Kindle!
6. In more writing news...you can now read a sample chapter of Love is Monumental on Amazon! It releases in May!
7. One more story and then I'm through, I promise... Last week, my e-mail account was hacked. Or spammed. Whatever you call it. Unbeknownst to me, strange e-mails went out from my account to EVERYONE in my address book. I've had the same e-mail address since 1997. I haven't really cleaned out my address book since then. Which means e-mails went out to all kinds of people. People I don't necessarily keep in contact with anymore. Ex-boyfriends. Their families. Old bosses. Former co-workers. High school friends I haven't seen in years. And on and on. And on. Fun times. Needless to say, once the problem was fixed, I cleaned out my address book.
Okay. Break's over! Back to writing.
Instead of a song of the day, here's a clip from Can't Buy Me Love! Enjoy!