Thursday, May 24, 2007

Too Much Pop Culture

Okay, here's a little bit on all the things I've been following this week:

1. Whew! I'm glad to see Apollo win Dancing with the Stars! I think he was the most deserving of the two. (I still wish Ian had made it to the finals...) I guess you have to be a professional athlete or an ex-boy bander to even be competitive on that show?

2. Jordin wins Idol! Okay, this was really not much of a surprise, considering the "winner's song" wasn't one that anyone in America wanted to hear Blake sing, let alone have to put on an album. She is much more the "Idol" type and now Blake will be free to do his own thing. I have no doubt though, that we'll be hearing from both of them on the radio very soon.

3. Floyd Landis trial wraps up...sort of. Closing arguments have been made. It could be 2 months before there is a verdict though. And even then, I suspect it will go on to another court. My opinion? As mentioned before, I believe in him more than I do the system. However, I think there's a good chance he'll be stripped of his Tour de France title, which will really be a shame. I just wish they'd get it all over with before this year's TDF--I don't want to hear the commentators talking about it during every stage.

2 comments:

Rachel Hauck said...

I'm glad Apollo won, and Jordin. Have no idea what's going on with Floyd Landis. But hope he wins. :)

Rachel

Christine Lynxwiler said...

You're the princess of patience but I'm the empress of impatience (okay, so it isn't alliteration but it sounds right) and I NEED A NEW BLOG ENTRY FROM YOU!! :) So ready, set, blog. :)

Powered By Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails