Friday, November 11, 2011
In honor of this fantastic date (11/11/11) I decided to fill you in on 11 things you probably didn't know about me. I'm not promising these will be super-interesting things, but they should be new information for most of you.
1. As you may have gathered from the picture above, I've met Billy Ray Cyrus. That isn't the interesting item though. The interesting item is that I wound up being interviewed for the "One on One With Billy Ray" special that aired on VH-1 circa 1994. Do you want my autograph now?
2. I played the Fairy Godmother in a 5th grade performance of Cinderella.
3. 22 years later, I was Cinderella for a 3 year old's birthday party.
4. My dog, Arnie, once belonged to comedian Henry Cho.
5. I save pennies that are older than 1983. This causes a slow down at the drive-thru because I look at every penny before I hand it over. I have my reasons, which I will save for another blog post down the road.
6. I would like to learn to play the fiddle.
7. I collect vintage aprons. My favorite is a Christmas apron that belonged to my great aunt. I'm still looking for a cool way to display them in my new house.
8. I once passed out at a Red Cross blood drive. But I wasn't there as a blood donor--just a volunteer to give refreshments to those donating. The kind people at the Red Cross told me I might need to find a different kind of volunteer opportunity.
9. I didn't see the ocean until I was 19.
10. I love ghost stories and stories about time travel. Someday I'd like to write one of each--or a combo of both.
11. The first time I got on an airplane, I was headed to Athens, Greece.
And there you have it! 11 things you didn't know about me. How about you? You don't have to list 11, but what is something that might surprise people about you?