Is it just me, or does time seem to be going faster than it used to? I can't believe it is already 2011!
The past year has been full of some very good and very bad moments. I guess every year is that way, but this one has been more so than normal for me.
First the bad:
My family dealt with some tough losses this year. My grandparents each lost a sibling, and then in August, my grandfather was killed in an accident. There is a hole in my family that will never be filled, so the months since August have been ones of adjustment. Christmas was hard--even with 28 people in attendance, their house still seemed empty somehow.
But there were some good times, too. A few of my highlights from 2010 include:
1. Traveling to St. Louis, Indianapolis, Lancaster, Gettysburg, Baltimore, and Washington DC. Although each trip was for work (research or conferences) I still managed to squeeze in some play time as well. :)
2. I had 2 books release in 2010--Love is Monumental and Love is Grand.
3. Speaking in chapel during Homecoming at Freed-Hardeman University was such an honor. Definitely on my highlight reel of the year.
4. I completed 4 5Ks in 2010, and although I ran each of them fairly slowly, I'm still happy to have finished!
5. In 2010, I had some really fun times with my friends and family. Some of the highlights: concerts (Miranda Lambert and Sugarland); shows at the Orpheum (Jersey Boys, Chicago, South Pacific, and Wicked); and lots of laughter and get togethers.
But enough reflecting...I guess it's time now to make some plans for 2011!
Hopefully these goals aren't too lofty:
1. Complete a proposal for a new series I've been pondering. And actually send it in. :)
2. In addition to running in several 5Ks in 2011, I REALLY plan on training to run in the St. Jude Half Marathon. I have almost a year to get ready for it.
How about you? What was your highlight of 2010? Or your biggest goal for 2011?