- Holding copies of my first two books in my hand for the first time.
- Seeing those books in stores for the first time. I still have to fight the urge to take pictures of them on the shelf (and usually end up caving and photographing).
- Traveling to Washington D.C. and the Grand Canyon for research; traveling to Denver for a writing conference; traveling to Charm, Ohio, for a book signing.
- Book signings: I participated in 6 signings this year!
- Hearing from readers who enjoyed the books! This came in the form of letters, e-mails and reviews.
- Along those lines, one of the biggest blessings of 2009 was meeting so many wonderful people--fellow authors and readers. You guys rock!
I'm hopeful that 2010 will be just as wonderful! These aren't necessarily resolutions, but here are a few things I hope to accomplish in the new year:
- Get a new book contracted. Or a new series. :)
- Become reacquainted with my old friend, the gym! It's been far too long.
- Change my diet. I am ashamed of how unhealthy my eating habits are. If I could just add some fruits and veggies I'd be happy.
- Come up with fantastic marketing for my May and October releases.
- Go on a trip that is in no way related to books, research or work. In other words, take a vacation!
- Get rid of a lot of "stuff"--I have way too much and want to downsize. Maybe I'll never really be a minimalist, but I can try!
- Finally figure out how to balance life, work and writing. I'm afraid this might mean adjusting my schedule to where I get up early and go to bed at a decent hour...
Okay, I could go on and on, but will stop. Perhaps I should do a mid-year check on these goals to see how I'm doing!
No matter how you choose to ring in 2010, I hope it is wonderful!
Song of the week...my favorite version of Auld Lang Syne by Mairi Campbell & Dave Francis.